Nollywood actor, Muyiwa Ademola has come out to reveal that he considers himself a very serious filmmaker and will not be seen shooting a comedy anytime soon.
In a recent chat with Pulse movies, he disclosed that he once attempted to write a comedy but failed to get it done.
His words, “There was actually a moment I felt down being in the movie industry because I am a very serious filmmaker, I don’t do comedy, so there was this influx of comedy in the industry and the marketers came and pressured me into doing comedy so I picked up my pen to write some comedy but it just didn’t work,”
“ I noticed I wasn’t built from that or write comical stories, which means I am wired to write and create a serious film, soul touching stories and all that and at that point, people felt Muyiwa couldn’t do it any longer. I didn’t feel dejected because I can still tell you that every day, I still have stories that touch people but people felt everyone loves comedy because no one was writing the real issue based story and everyone was moving into comedy. I felt a bit down but my wife kept telling me that I shouldn’t deter from doing what I know how to do best. She assured me that it was a passing phase and indeed, the phase passed away.”
- Tentik – Recognize Now or Famz Later MixTape
- Limbuzee – Big Dreams ft Erigga [AuDio]
- Tiwa Savage – Dangerous Love [AuDio]
- Stogie T – Dunno ft Nasty C [AuDio]
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- David Jones David – Jingle Bell [AuDio]
- Erigga – AYEME ft Yungzee [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Sound Sultan – Fayaa Fayaa ft Duktor Sett [AuDio]
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]