His former partner and boss Ubi Franklin has revealed he doesn’t feel betrayed by Iyanya’s decision. Iyanya initially left Triple MG to start his own label but changed his mind to sign with Don Jazzy.
I’m happy for Iyanya. The truth is that, if you are happy for somebody, God will be happy with you and you will be happy with yourself. I don’t have anything against him.
This is music business and everything you do – as far your music is right and you are making the music for the world, it doesn’t depend on the label that you are in for all to enjoy it. I’m happy he is where great music comes out from, a label with one of the best music producers in Africa. I’m so happy for him, today is his birthday and I wish him all the best
Ubi told LIB.
We are all human beings; today Iyanya is 30 by age. As a 30-year-old man, you are able to take any decision on your own, you can change your mind, you can do whatever you want to do. The most important thing is that from what I’ve seen, trust me he is happy. Nobody takes a decision that is going to be bad for him.. I still know he still has his own plans for his Label. But at this point, I know Iyanya is where good music comes from.
When he was asked if he feels betrayed he said,
No No! The only way I will feel betrayed is if there was something he owed me and he didn’t give back to me, but there is nothing like that. I’m happy for him.
- D’banj – Ikebe [AuDio]
- Ecool – Sobente ft Myde
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- DJ Kaywise – Cheers To 2021 Mix
- Nandy & Joeboy – Number One
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- SkiiBii – Are You Vhere [AuDio]
- Jeff Akoh – Better Thing (Remix) ft Peruzzi
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- M.A.D, Iyanya & Praiz – Sade Adu [AuDio]
- Barry Jhay – Japa [AuDio]
- DJ Big N – 2020 Hitlist Mix