Joke Silva recently the good news on her Instagram page, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to her, she prays for God to keep granting her son the required wisdom to think outside the box.
Her words, ”And here he is …Olugbenga
Oluwapamperinayo Jacobs…@oj_poetry …our last born.This stage done and dusted. As you start the next may the Lord in His gracious mercy grant you the wisdom to ask the right questions…to not think within the box..not even think outside the box… but… create your own boxes (alaCindy Trim).”
Nollywood is a sobriquet that originally referred to the Nigerian film industry. The origin of the term dates back to the early 2000s, traced to an article in The New York Times. Due to the history of evolving meanings and contexts, there is no clear or agreed-upon definition for the term, which has made it a subject to several controversies.
The origin of the term “Nollywood” remains unclear; Jonathan Haynes traced the earliest usage of the word to a 2002 article by Matt Steinglass in the New York Times, where it was used to describe Nigerian cinema.
Charles Igwe noted that Norimitsu Onishi also used the name in a September 2002 article he wrote for the New York Times. The term continues to be used in the media to refer to the Nigerian film industry, with its definition later assumed to be a portmanteau of the words “Nigeria” and “Hollywood”, the American major film hub.
Film-making in Nigeria is divided largely along regional, and marginally ethnic and religious lines. Thus, there are distinct film industries – each seeking to portray the concern of the particular section and ethnicity it represents. However, there is the English-language film industry which is a melting pot for filmmaking and filmmakers from most of the regional industries.
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- Dj Ehyo – NaijaVibe Money Bag [MixTape]
- Splendid – Amen ft Timaya [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Dezign – Knees and Toes ft Harrysong [AuDio]
- Bracket – Chop Kiss ft Flavour [AuDio]
- Tiwa Savage & Asake – Loaded
- Mavins – Won Da Mo ft Rema, Boy Spyce, Ayra Starr, LADIPOE, Magixx, Johnny Drille & Bayanni
- DJ Limbo – Davido Vs Wizkid [Mixtape]
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- NaijaVibe at 10 MixTape
- Splash – Onye Ije ft Phyno [AuDio]
- Fanzy Papaya – Shege Yaro [AuDio]