He recently had his say while speaking to the press, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to him, despite the efforts he made to help his late son fight his weaknesses like drug addiction and alcoholism, the vices killed him eventually.
Obey added that after receiving the sad news of his son having just 6 months to live, God layed it in his heart to start a “Freedom from Alcoholism and Drug Addiction Ministry” ministry.
His words, “The doctors called me six months ago to inform me that Yinka had less than six months to live. It was very painful and bad news that a father must not hear about his son. Since then, l went back to the Holy Spirit to teach me what to do and the result of my communication with the Holy Spirit is the launching of this ministry.I have received several condolence messages from all and sundry. l appreciate everyone for their love and concern.”
“l also thank Yinka’s friends for their efforts and support.”
“l thank my eldest son, Shina, for ‘coordinating’ all his younger brothers and sisters, for extra and special care for Yinka till the end of his life. I also thank the pastors, elders, and the entire Decross family for everything.”
“Once again, I appreciate all condolences, but let us rather turn further condolences to prayer support of this new ministry to help those who are in pain of alcoholism and drug addiction. Get out of alcoholism, get out of drugs. Jesus loves you.”
- Dj Baddo – Best Of 2Face [MixTape]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Dj Sly – Naija MixTape (Freestyle)
- Wizkid – Joy / No Woman No Cry (Bob Marley Cover)
- Tekno – Alleluya [AuDio + Viral ViDeo]
- Sauti SoL – Isabella [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best Of Terry G [MixTape]
- Shuun Bebe – Who U Help [AuDio]
- Flavour – Golibe (Acoustic Version) [AuDio]
- Awilo Longomba – Bundelele [AuDio]
- D’banj – Finally [AuDio]
- Pasuma – Oloun O Je ft Qdot [AuDio]