Seyi Shay was criticised when she walked up to the president after her performance at the 5000 youth event, to request for a picture.
Many frowned at her skimpy outfit.
Speaking to Saturday Beats, she said
I am a very respectable young lady and I was not in any way trying to seduce the President with the outfit I wore. I had two outfits for the event, one was for my performance and the other was worn after I performed. The dress I was pictured in with the President was what I wore during my performance.
I came on stage and greeted everyone according to their culture and I did the same for Mr. President. He was impressed and he asked where and how I knew how to greet in his native dialect and I said I learnt it. That was what brought about the giggling and smiles in the picture. I’m a performer and what I do on stage doesn’t reflect my everyday life. I had two outfits on that day and it was a youth event. Who wouldn’t feel overwhelmed meeting the President? Well, I did and I felt honoured because it is not every day you get to meet the president of your country
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Seyi Shay & Yemi Alade – Pempe
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Crayon – Jackpot ft Bella Shmurda
- Chidinma – Jehovah Overdo [AuDio + ViDeo]