He recently had his say while speaking to the press, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to him, he has accepted the judgment of the court which disqualified his candidature and participation in the election, and he doesn’t intend to take it up anywhere.
Lawan added that after due consultations with his political associates, supporters and well-wishers, he decided not to appeal against the judgement.
His words, “Yesterday, Wednesday, September 28, 2022, the Federal High Court in Damaturu delivered judgment on the rightful candidate for Yobe North Senatorial District for the 2023 National Assembly elections.”
“The said judgement disqualifies my candidature and therefore my participation in the elections.”
“After due consultations with my political associates, supporters and well-wishers, I have decided not to appeal against the judgement. I accept the judgement.”
“I deem it appropriate to thank His Excellency, Senator Ibrahim Gaidam for the leadership role in the APC political family in Yobe State. I also thank His Excellency, Governor Mai Mala Buni for the support and brotherhood.”
“To my constituents, I thank you all for your unflinching support, loyalty and unreserved commitment to the course of building our people and Yobe North Senatorial District and indeed Yobe State.”
“I want to assure you that I will continue to serve you in my personal and any other capacity at all times.”
“We journeyed together for a long time, and this journey will remain a life long journey. It has been a wonderful relationship and it can only get stronger. I am indebted to you all. Alhamdulillah.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- Stan Slim – Green Light ft Adama & Lost Pearl [AuDio]
- 7 of the saddest Nigerian songs released in the last ten years
- Dj Clatiny ft Terry G – Special Hype Mixtape vol.8
- Wizkid – Ojuelegba (Remix) ft Drake & Skepta [AuDio]
- Olubunmi – A Now Miracle [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – Gbona [AuDio]
- Seriki – Angel ft Sojay [AuDio]
- Faze – Your Daughter [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Reekado Banks – Rora [AuDio]
- Omah Lay – Lo Lo [AuDio]
- Demmie Vee – If I Had Known [AuDio]
- Reekado Banks – Mama ft Harmonize [AuDio]