Minister of Water Resources, Mr. Suleiman Adamu has said State Governments should take up the responsibility of aiding the provision of water for its people.
Suleiman revealed this at the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) Forum in Abuja on Friday.
According to him, several state governments do not invest in the project and will rather wait for the Federal Government to do it.
His words, “It is not the role of the Federal Government to provide water. The role of the ministry is to provide bulk water and manage the water resources of this country.
“Whatever we are doing is just an intervention to complement the efforts of the states.
“The primary responsibility for watersupply rest with the states that is why this ministry does not run Water Corporation.
“It is only the FCT, which is a territorial administration in Abuja that runs a water board. FCT is a territory, so it is like a state. So that needs to be made clear, so whatever we are doing is just an intervention to complement the efforts of the states.
“What I have realised is that in the past 10 or so years, many states, unfortunately, have abdicated their responsibility, they are not investing in water and sanitation.
“That is why you see communities in the remotest end writing to the ministry to provide water scheme in their locations.
“It is not our responsibility. But if they are special situations like the IDP camps, and so on, those are places that we can also intervene.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Philkeyz, Yemi Alade & Bisa Kdei – Complicated [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Flex [ViDeo]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Currently ft Olamide, Falz & LK Kuddy
- Omah Lay – Godly [AuDio]
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- Stefflon Don – Can’t Let You Go Remix ft Tiwa Savage & Rema