Rapper Jeffrey Atkins a.k.a Ja Rule has been released from prison today following a 2-year sentence.
The rapper started his sentence in July 2011 after he was convicted of criminal possession of a firearm and tax evasion.
The rapper was hit with the 2-year sentence in 2010 when he pled guilty to attempted criminal possession of a weapon � stemming from a 2007 incident in which cops found a loaded semi-automatic handgun in his sports car. He turned himself in to authorities in June 2011.
In July 2011, Ja Rule was also sentenced to 28 months behind bars for tax evasion, after failing to pay taxes on more than $3 million in earnings from 2004-2006. Ja Rule served the tax evasion sentence concurrently with his gun possession sentence. (TMZ)
Although his sentence was meant to run till July, Rule has been released early and will complete the rest of his term in his home.
New York rapper N.O.R.E has already announced Ja Rule’s arrival on Twitter, posting �Just spoke to @Ruleyork everybody tell him welcome home!!!”
We would love to know your thoughts on this post. Drop your comments
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]