Word out at the moment has it that our dear Nigerian football legend Austin JJ Okocha is currently producing a movie about reggae star Majek Fashek.
The movie’s screen play is reportedly written by Charles Novia, and features Francis Duru as Majek Fashek, Sam Dede, Stella Damasus and other top Nollywood actors.
According to Novia, the movie is shooting on 35mm and took about 3 years to fine-tune. It is presently at its pre-production stage, after which the crew will travel to New York in October to shoot the American scene, which is the major part of the film.
Francis Duru, as it was gathered has been undergoing guitar lessons, and extensive study of Majek’s character for the past eight months to fit the role.
Here’s what Francis said about Majek Fashek:
Whatever his travails and the public perception of him, Majek still remain a world class material, who has promoted so much interest world wide with his type of genre of music, So a movie of his life and career has to meet a world class
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- Burna Boy – RockStar (Reggae version) [AuDio]
- DJ Kaywise – What Type Of Dance ft Mayorkun, Naira Marley & Zlatan
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]