Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote, through the Dangote Group in Nigeria is set to create 100,000 jobs in the country as the group reportedly signed a deal to commence the building of integrated sugar plants in six states in Nigeria.
The chairman of the group, who is also Africa’s richest man, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, made the announcement at a forum in Lagos to honour major distributors of Dangote Foods in Lagos on Thursday, February 24.
Dangote said that the plants, expected to generate up to 100,000 jobs, would be built in Adamawa, Taraba, Nasarawa, Kwara, Kogi and Niger.
He said: “We are acquiring about 150,000 hectares for sugar plantations in Adamawa, Taraba, Nasarawa, Kwara, Kogi and Niger.
“We have designed a memorandum of understanding with the Nasarawa state government for the construction of the sugar complex at Tunga.’’
Dangote said that the company’s push for backward integration in providing raw materials on a large scale would result to a cumulative investment of 4.6 billion dollars in the next three years in sugar, rice and dairy production.
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Zinoleesky – Gone Far
- Chike, Gyakie & Fiokee – Follow You
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- Jamopyper – O Nana ft Olamide
- Naira Marley – First Time in America
- Mayorkun – Back in Office
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Chike & Ada Ehi – Watching All Over Me
- Omah Lay – Understand (AMEME Remix)
- Teni – Moslado (Pheelz Refix)