Popular Nollywood comic actor John Okafor fondly referred to as Mr Ibu has been appointed Brand Ambassador in Nigeria by GOtv, the digital terrestrial pay-TV.
Explaining the rationale behind the choice of the comic star, Elizabeth Amkpa, General Manager, GOtv Nigeria, said the company sought an individual that has a strong acceptance by a wide audience, and the actor fits in.
�Given John Okafor’s successes in Nollywood as Mr Ibu, his popularity is not limited to any particular geo-political zone in Nigeria. Mr Ibu has a strong emotional appeal among GOtv audiences and he is a star that the man next door can relate to,” Amkpa said.
The endorsement deal was signed recently and Okafor confirms that both parties are happy with the terms of the contract. He will feature in GOtv’s future commercials, make special guest appearances at GOtv launch events and promote the brand among GOtv’s grassroots audience, amongst other activities.
Mr. Ibu is versatile and remains a role model to many Nigerian comedians.�He is known for his wit and considered to be one of Nigeria’s most talented comic characters.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Mani LaPussh – xClusive
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Rema – Dumebi [AuDio]
- Davido – Risky ft Popcaan [AuDio]
- Basketmouth – Pepper Soup ft Duncan Mighty & Ice Prince