Kendall Jenner’s new Pepsi commercial — in which she joins a protest or rally of some sort and then hands a policeman a can of soda — is being torn to shreds online.
After pumping up the excitement for her new role as a Pepsi spokesperson, the model unveiled her debut ad on Tuesday and quickly became the target of backlash, as did the soda company.
In the ad, Jenner is seen participating in a photo shoot and becomes distracted by a group of protestors. She decides to join them, and toward the end, comes face-to-face with a stoic police officer.
She offers him a Pepsi and he accepts the drink before cracking a smile.
The ad has been accused of appropriating the Black Lives Matter movement and using social justice
to sell soda.
The imagery was also thought by some to be far too similar to photos of Ieshia Evans, a protestor who was detained by law enforcement while protesting in Baton Rouge following the shooting death of Alton Sterling at the hands of police.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- Wizkid & Akon – Escape [AuDio]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]