NMA recently said Kogi State Government should show Nigerians proof that the state is really free from the deadly virus instead of downgrading the results released by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC, which listed the state among those with confirmed cases.
According to President of NMA, Dr. Francis Faduyile, those in charge of conducting the laboratory tests have shown their own proof so it is up to Kogi State to counter it with theirs, else they will not be taken seriously.
He added that coronavirus is not about politics, therefore it is not something a state can easily accept or reject.
His words, “The state government should show its own evidence. The people that did the laboratory tests have shown theirs.
“It is expected that the state government should give Nigerians evidence that they have tested hundreds of people and could not find a case of coronavirus.”
“This problem has nothing to do with politics, because it is science. So it is not about what the state accepts or what they do not accept.
“I call on the Federal Government to call Governor Yahaya Bello to order. We have been talking about this and asking the governor for his understanding.
“We don’t live in a world which one man rules. We live in a world where we are governed by scientific evidence. There is something we call reproducibility.
If he is not convinced, let us reproduce it again. But not on the state government’s terms. Let us take the samples and do it again.
“We want the Federal Government to ensure that the right thing is done.”
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Ajebo Hustlers – Barawo (Remix) ft Davido [ViDeo]
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Danny S – O O (Original Ole) [AuDio]
- Terry Apala – We No Want Sars [AuDio]
- Yung Alpha & Ice Prince – Because Of iPhone [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay