Darius revealed this on Tuesday in Abuja at the inaugural meeting of the Sensitisation Committee on the Mambilla Hydroelectric Power Project.
According to him, the power plant would transmit power to the national grid via 4 500kV DC transmission lines connecting Makrudi and one 330kV DC transmission line connecting Jalingo.
Darius added that the project would attract great economic rewards in the state.
His words, “It will raise the industrial base of the state.”
“The project when completed will add to the portfolio of strategic infrastructure that will perpetually stimulate growth, development and transformation.
“Not only of the state but of the whole country, the 3050 megawatts of electricity that it promises to generate is quite huge,”
“We are urging the minister of power to commence work without any further delay, you have to ensure that nothing stops this project from being completed.”
Minister of Power, Mr Saleh Mamman added, “As a ministry, we have taken a number of critical steps to ensure the successful take-off of the project.
“We have effectively collaborated with the state government and commenced sensitisation of host communities.
“The ministry has also engaged land surveyors to demarcate the project areas and commence enumeration.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Tems – Crazy Tings
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- 2Baba – Searching ft Bongos Ikwue
- Olamide & Eskeez – Loose It
- DJ Latitude, Soundz & Fireboy DML – Peru (Amapiano Remix)
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Tito Da.Fire – Kokoro [AuDio + ViDeo]
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- L.A.X – Faster
- Skales – I Dey Miss You ft Imanse
- Jaywon – Las Last ft Seyi Vibez