President Muhammadu Buhari has said the legacies of ex-South African President, Nelson Mandela should keep inspiring African leaders on the need to make sacrifices for the good of their nations.
Buhari, who disclosed this when he received Letters of Credence from High Commissioner of South Africa to Nigeria, T. D. Mseleku, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, said such leaders should also not find it hard to leave when the constitution asks them to.
According to him, the 27 years imprisonment of Mandela, his humility and bright mind in serving SA as a citizen and president, after just one term in office, was exemplary.
His words, “Late Nelson Mandela was an exceptional leader. He spent 27 years in prison and served one term in office.
“His legacy is unprecedented. We are taking a cue from him on the lessons of leadership.”
“I was really impressed with the President’s maturity and diplomatic style of handling issues. I admired his initiative and concern.
“At the end of our visit, all those that were expressing doubts and fears had nothing to say.
“The visit was spectacular in many ways. Please give my deep appreciation to President Ramaphosa.”
- Olamide & Pro Whizzie – Bariga Vs Agege [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- 2Face Idibia – GO ft Machel Montano [AuDio]
- Mr. Charis – All Back ft Zouwrah [AuDio]
- D’Banj, Femi Kuti, Fally Ipupa, Omawumi, Diamond & more – Cocoa Na Chocolate [AuDio]
- Darlene – Thank You [AuDio]
- Seantero – PinPin PonPon ft Oritse Femi [AuDio]