AVM Muhammadu Mohammed, the Director-General of NEMA revealed this at a recent news conference on the agency’s plan for the ‘2020 Flood Preparedness, Mitigation and Response’ today.
According to him, fortunately, the 397 other LGAs that are left fall within the low probable flood risk areas and should have no issues during heavy rainfall.
He added that NEMA has taken some steps to ensure preparedness measures are taken seriously to reduce any potential disastrous impact of the expected flood.
His words, “We have constituted a committee to lead the national preparedness, mitigation and response to 2020 flood.
“We organised a stakeholders’ experts technical workshop in March to analyse the Nigerian Meteorological Agency’s 2020 Seasonal Rainfall Prediction and developed the disaster risk management implications.
“We produced and disseminated the disaster risk management implications of the 2020 seasonal rainfall prediction early warning messages, to relevant stakeholders.
“We have started public enlightenment campaign using the radio, TV Jingles, social media and so on, targeting vulnerable communities to undertake mitigation actions and prepare for evacuation to safer ground.
“We have also stock piled relief materials, food and non-food items, that will be needed in providing succour to people that may be affected.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Seyi Shay & Yemi Alade – Pempe
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Chidinma – Jehovah Overdo [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Tekno & Mafikizolo – Enjoy (Remix)