She recently revealed this via her social media page, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to the movie star, her mum passed away in the early hours of today and it is very sad because she was very precious to her.
Shan George added that her mum was the strongest woman she knew and she hopes she’ll rest in peace.
Her words, ”I lost my precious mother this morning. She was d strongest woman I know. Rest in peace Aka Shine. May God keep Ur soul till we meet again.”
Nollywood is a sobriquet that originally referred to the Nigerian film industry. The origin of the term dates back to the early 2000s, traced to an article in The New York Times. Due to the history of evolving meanings and contexts, there is no clear or agreed-upon definition for the term, which has made it a subject to several controversies.
The origin of the term “Nollywood” remains unclear; Jonathan Haynes traced the earliest usage of the word to a 2002 article by Matt Steinglass in the New York Times, where it was used to describe Nigerian cinema.
Charles Igwe noted that Norimitsu Onishi also used the name in a September 2002 article he wrote for the New York Times. The term continues to be used in the media to refer to the Nigerian film industry, with its definition later assumed to be a portmanteau of the words “Nigeria” and “Hollywood”, the American major film hub.
Film-making in Nigeria is divided largely along regional, and marginally ethnic and religious lines. Thus, there are distinct film industries – each seeking to portray the concern of the particular section and ethnicity it represents. However, there is the English-language film industry which is a melting pot for filmmaking and filmmakers from most of the regional industries.
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
NaijaVibe at 10 MixTape
DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
Mani Lapussh – Whine For Me
TareeQ – Medicine
- Dj Kamol – Crazy Gyration ft Skailey Normal [AuDio]
- Mr. Charis – All Back ft Zouwrah [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – Celebrate [AuDio]
- Sauti Sol – Live and Die in Afrika [Album]
- The Compozers – Over You ft Nonso Amadi [AuDio]
- Reminisce ft Wizkid – Eleniyan [AuDio]
- Tiwa Savage – One [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- DJ Davisy – Best Of Olamide [MixTape]
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Sabi – Style ft Oritsefemi [AuDio]