The Beat FM Hennessy Artistry cypher competition ended last night Thursday October 18, 2012 with rookie rapper Mani Lapussh emerging as winner.
After weeks of voting for the fan-favourite freestyle contenders, four finalists were selected and hosted at the Beat FM studios in Lagos for the final stage of the competition with Hennessy Artistry 2012 headliners, M.I and Naeto C as judges.
Mani Lapussh (real names Ede Emmanuel) beat the remaining three contestants Thousar, Don P, A’pluz coming tops after a series of cypher rounds.
Finalist, A’pluz also emerged second place earning for himself exciting gifts courtesy Hennessy Cognac and The Beat FM 99.9.
The competition between these up and coming artistes has been tough. We have so many talents in Nigeria For an upcoming artiste, what could be better than a live cypher judged by hip-hop icons Naeto C and M.I?
said Beat FM OAP, Douglas.
The winner of the Beat FM cypher competition produced the best third verse for ‘Bartender’, Hennessy Artistry 2012 collaboration track which was originally penned by Naeto C, M.I and the producer, Tee-Y Mix.
The competition winner will get to attend the Hennessy Artistry 2012 Finale holding today October 19, as a VIP guest and will be treated to a once-in-a-lifetime experience backstage with the event’s superstar performances.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Philkeyz, Yemi Alade & Bisa Kdei – Complicated [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Flex [ViDeo]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Omah Lay – Godly [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Currently ft Olamide, Falz & LK Kuddy
- Stefflon Don – Can’t Let You Go Remix ft Tiwa Savage & Rema