He recently revealed this during the 3rd Annual Shina Peller NUJ Ramadan Lecture/Iftar held at the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) Press Centre in Ibadan.
According to him, one of the key problems of Nigeria is leadership, and there is urgent need for the people to accept purposeful politics now to make the country better.
He then begged media practitioners not to allow themselves to be used irresponsibly or callously by politicians to achieve their political interests at the detriment of the nation.
His words, “I want to call the attention of Nigeria Union of Journalists and everybody present here to the key things that is affecting our nation, one of which is leadership.”
“Leadership is a key problem we have in this country. As solution to this, we need to embrace politics of purpose.”
“I will use this opportunity again to call on the NUJ, that it is time to do journalism of purpose in order for us to be able to achieve our aims of putting Nigeria in the right trajectory in 2023.”
“As journalists, we must use all resources at our disposal to help the government. It is our duty as the Fourth Estate of the Realm to ensure this is achieved in a peaceful manner.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Sweet Potato [AuDio]
- Mani Lapussh – I Confess [AuDio]
- Reminisce ft Wizkid – Eleniyan [AuDio]
- Erigga – Cable ft Skally Normal [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best Of Terry G [MixTape]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- D’banj – Finally [AuDio]
- Flavour – I’m For Real [AuDio]
- VTEK – Yur Fada Nyash [AuDio]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]