Acting chairman of the commission, Mr. Ibrahim Magu revealed this when a delegation from the National Association of Barbers and Cosmetology Employers of Nigeria, visited him in Abuja recently.
According to him, the support of the citizens is needed for EFCC to drive its anti-corruption campaign at the grassroots.
He added that corruption is not a matter of one class of the society alone, it cuts across the lower, middle, and upper classes.
His words, “Corruption is not a matter of one class of the society alone. It cuts across the lower, middle and upper classes.
“Although, access to resources at the grassroots is minimal, there are still corrupt practices at that level of the society.
“I want to appeal to your association to be one of the leading grassroots advocates of anti-corruption. Let the people at the local level know that corruption is evil.
“Let them not celebrate the corrupt in their midst and let them always remember that grassroots can be better developed if resources meant for them are not stolen.”
“As an anti-graft agency, the EFCC needs the involvement of every trade union, association, group and individuals to drive home its message of zero tolerance for corruption.
“One important strength of your membership is the youth component. The beauty industry, all over the world, is one of the largest employer of youth because of its appeal and drive.
“This strength is needed in the fight against corruption, because it has a potential of curbing youth restiveness and criminality.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- Dj Kamol – Crazy Gyration ft Skailey Normal [AuDio]
- Mr. Charis – All Back ft Zouwrah [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – Celebrate [AuDio]
- Dj Slam – Fresh MixTape vol.1
- Vector – Follow Me Dey Go (Remix) ft 2face [AuDio]
- Reminisce ft Wizkid – Eleniyan [AuDio]
- Ruggedman – Tough Guy [AuDio]
- Bracket – Nana [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Dj Ehyo – the Voluntary Mixtape
- Sexy Dj Trish – Wakeup Mix
- Dj Baddo – Best Of Terry G [MixTape]