Ajibola recently came out to say that the country needs to declare a state of emergency on its laws because they are no longer useful to Nigerians.
According to Ajibola, despite having laws that allow dynamic amendment of our laws, the commission in charge have lacked the required funding and commitment to make it happen.
He added that the attorney-general of the federation and the Law Reform Commission should do more to show that they are taking the reforms of our laws very seriously.
His words, “It tells us that largely we need to declare a state of emergency on the laws of Nigeria. Most of our laws have become what they call dead letters because they are no longer useful.
“We know that by Section 5 of the Nigerian Law Reforms Commission Law, the commission is saddled with ensuring dynamic amendment of our laws.
“But largely because of funding, and may be lack of commitment to it, the commission has been largely in limbo.
“So, you would agree with me that we need to declare a state of emergency in terms of our laws. But then, you see there has to be a relationship between the executive and the legislature.
“I want to enjoin the attorney-general of the federation and the Law Reform Commission and particularly the executive to take the issue of some of our laws reform very serious.”
- Tentik – Recognize Now or Famz Later MixTape
- Tiwa Savage – Dangerous Love [AuDio]
- Limbuzee – Big Dreams ft Erigga [AuDio]
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- David Jones David – Jingle Bell [AuDio]
- Stogie T – Dunno ft Nasty C [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Erigga – AYEME ft Yungzee [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix