MURIC recently revealed this via a statement, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to the group, the new law would definitely curb fetish practices in the installation and burial of Ogun kings, and it is surely a step in the right direction.
MURIC added that the law would allow each king to be installed and buried according to his religious dictate as well.
It read, “The Governor of Ogun State, Dapo Abiodun, signed the Ogun Chieftaincy Bill into law on Monday, January 10.”
“MURIC identifies with the aspirations of the brains behind this bill.”
“It is a booster for freedom of religion and avital shot in the arm for the dignity of homo sapien, for decency and for Allah-given fundamental human rights.”
“It will stop overbearing traditionalists who have monopolised the installation and burial rites of Obas in the state with their fetish practices without respecting the personal religious beliefs of the Obas.”
“It is our hope that this will be extended to the obnoxious and illegal practice of unilateral imposition of curfews on communities by Oro worshippers.”
“Ogun lawmakers may have to take another look at this aspect as it may require another bill to stop the imposition of illegal curfew by Oro worshippers.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ Kaywise – Cheers To 2022 Mix
- D’banj – Face Show ft Skiibii & HollyHood Bay Bay
- Rexxie & Lil Frosh – Won Yabo
- White Money & Zoro – Na We We
- Mavin ft Crayon, Ayra Starr, LADIPOE, Magixx & Boy Spyce – Overdose
- Burna Boy – Last Last
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Davido – Stand Strong ft The Samples
- DJ 4kerty – Zazoo MixTape
- Spinall & Asake – Palazzo
- Zinoleesky – Loving You
- Afrobank Music & Tiwa Savage New Year Mix with DJ Promtwist