The Director-General (DG), National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC), Prof. Mojisola Adeyeye, has come out to say that 5 out of its 7 laboratories are now certified to detect substandard products.
Mojisola revealed this in a recent interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja.
According to her, NAFDAC has been re-accredited since she resumed office.
She added that the Pharmacovigilant, Post Marketing Surveillance (PMS) and the Drug Evaluation and Research (DER) departments of the agency put in the required work before products get certified for public use.
Her words, “We have seven laboratories and five out of the labs are now International Standard Organisation (ISO) certified,”
“The certifying council, in their collective wisdom, said we need to make sure that those labs outside or the ones outside Lagos are strong enough to become directorates.
“So, we have expanded our directorates. We used to have 13 before, but now we have 18 directorates,”
“These departments are the ones to find out whether the company producing a product is local or an importing company.
“So, you can see about four to six directorates working on a single report about a product.”
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Terry Apala – We No Want Sars [AuDio]
- Ajebo Hustlers – Barawo (Remix) ft Davido [ViDeo]
- Simi – There For You ft Ms Banks [AuDio]
- Skales – Tell Us [AuDio]
- Magnito – Ohema ft Ninety [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]