Delta State governor, Ifeanyi Okowa has said a lot of work still has to be done for the huge investment in sports development in the state to begin to yield fruits.
He revealed this at the finals of the 9th edition of the Sen. Ifeanyi Okowa Football Tournament at the Agbor Township Stadium on Monday.
According to Okowa, more rich Nigerians and corporate organizations are needed for the sponsorship of sports activities in the state, especially football.
He added that the over-dependence on government sponsorship for sports in Nigeria must stop.
His words, “Today, we watched a beautiful game of football, the organisers of the championship have made it clear that it was to unite the people, keep the youths busy and discover hidden talents.
“We are aware of the inherent benefits derivable in the development of sports. Though there is a lot of investments in sports, a lot more is still needed to be done to take it, especially, the game of football, to the desired height.
“We need a lot of sponsorship. There is so much dependence on government for sponsorship. Government at different levels is doing its best but it is not enough.
“We need to strengthen our league because it will amount to act of patriotism for us to watch Nigerian league and be involved in sponsorship.”
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]