An Abuja based photographer, Emmanuel Okolo has filed a N120 million copyright suit against popular music star TuFace, his wife, Annie Idibia and their manager, Anthonio Anifite.
And the suit is over photographs allegedly taken at the recent traditional wedding of the musician and his wife in Akwa Ibom State.
Okolo is asking for six reliefs, two of which include N100 million in general damages and N20million in exemplary damages.
Because according to Okolo and his studio, they had been contracted by TuFace’s wife through a third party, identified as Ms Chineze Anyaene to take photo shots at the traditional wedding held in Eket, Akwa Ibom state in March, 2013.
Okolo said, he was reluctant at the beginning since the offer was coming through a third party, but later accepted after he was convinced that the offer was actually from Annie.
Annie Idibia was said to have later contacted the photographer after the wedding and demanded for the printing of 10 of the high resolution pictures taken.
At the resumed hearing of the case yesterday, neither TuFace nor his wife was represented in court. Anifite who is the second defendant was however represented by his counsel, J.O Uttute.
Justice Mohammed Idris of� the Federal High Court sitting in Lagos has fixed� October 16, 2013 for the commencement of trial.
We would love to know your thoughts on this post. Drop your comments
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – RockStar (Reggae version) [AuDio]
- DJ Kaywise – What Type Of Dance ft Mayorkun, Naira Marley & Zlatan
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]