Moments ago, the Lagos State Government unveiled a new statue of Chief Gani Fawehinmi, SAN, sited at the beautiful park in Ojota named after the late legal luminary and human rights advocate as part of activities to celebrate the late activist’s 80th posthumous birthday.
The State’s Commissioner for Tourism, Arts and Culture, Steve Ayorinde said the remodelling of the magnificent Gani Fawehinmi statue is part of government’s strategy to enhance the aesthetic beauty of open public spaces and parks as well as celebrate and immortalise worthy icons who contributed immensely to the development of Lagos State.
According to the Commissioner, this new statue is also informed by the desire of Lagos State government to protect and entrench the enduring legacy of the country’s foremost human rights lawyer, activist, philanthropist and one of the icons of the pro-democracy movement in Nigeria.
TeleGram: Join Telegram Group
- DJ Neptune – Sounds Of Neptune [Amapiano Lock Down Mix]
- Samklef – Give Thanks ft Victor AD [AuDio]
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Davolee, Masterkraft & Jaido P – G.O [AuDio]
- DJ Neptune – Sounds Of Neptune (Afrobeat Lockdown Mix)
- Idahams – Ada [AuDio]
- TareeQ – Medicine [AuDio + ViDeo]