Civil rights organization, Anti-Corruption Crusade Network has urged the National Assembly and anti-graft agencies to come up with laws that would make it impossible for politicians to finance their campaigns with public funds.
The Executive Director of ACCN, Pwanabeshi Alson revealed this in a recent interview with The PUNCH.
According to him, political parties need to have other sources of funding for their campaigns and they should never have to touch public funds.
His words, “There are articles and clauses in the Nigerian Electoral Act which clearly state that political parties must have clean sources of funding for their activities and campaigns, especially as it relates to campaigns before general election.”
He then predicted that we will see several politicians end in prison in the next four years of the current government.
Do you also feel this should happen?
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Chidinma – Jehovah Overdo [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Crayon – Jackpot ft Bella Shmurda
- Chiké – Forever (Gyakie Cover)