Civil rights organization, Anti-Corruption Crusade Network has urged the National Assembly and anti-graft agencies to come up with laws that would make it impossible for politicians to finance their campaigns with public funds.
The Executive Director of ACCN, Pwanabeshi Alson revealed this in a recent interview with The PUNCH.
According to him, political parties need to have other sources of funding for their campaigns and they should never have to touch public funds.
His words, “There are articles and clauses in the Nigerian Electoral Act which clearly state that political parties must have clean sources of funding for their activities and campaigns, especially as it relates to campaigns before general election.”
He then predicted that we will see several politicians end in prison in the next four years of the current government.
Do you also feel this should happen?
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Qdot – Ole [AuDio]
- May D – Molatiwa E (I Gasto Find You) [AuDio]
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Dremo – OMG [AuDio]