Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha has revealed that he won’t aspire to be a senator in 2019.
The Imo state governor made this known when about 5,000 members of the Rochas Mandate Movement held a solidarity rally for him in Owerri, on Friday December 15, The Punch reports.
The governor’s statement is coming at a time most of his colleagues gearing up to leave their respective government houses are preparing to contest for senatorial positions.
Okorocha said he would neither run for Senate nor for the President in 2019, but would be keen in who succeeds him and who can sustain the tempo of the achievements recorded by his administration.
His said: �The people I see here are people who are committed. People that are following me not because of what they could gain from me, but because of what we have done for the world.
�As it stands, come 2019, I’m contesting for nothing. But in my heart, I have searched out and resolved that one man has good thoughts about Nigeria in his heart. Secondly, the possibility of leadership will easily get to the Igbo after him. That man is President Muhammadu Buhari.
�My coming as a leader in Imo state was by your efforts. No big political bigwig supported me and in my stride, I have brought sitting heads of states of other countries to Imo state.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- Wizkid & Akon – Escape [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- ClassiQ – Matsashi [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]