The controversial Grammy Award winner recently reacted to the topic on social media.
According to him, he stands with his Nigerian brothers and sisters to end police brutality and the government must answer to the people’s cries.
He added that police brutality against citizens is very shameful as they are the ones who should be protecting the people.
His words, “I stand with my Nigerian Brothers and Sisters to end police brutality, the government must answer to the peoples cries #EndPoliceBrutalityinNigeria.”
What do you think?
The Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) is a Nigerian Police Force unit under the Force Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department headed by the Deputy Inspector General of Police Anthony Ogbizi. Since 2012, SARS has come under controversy for being linked to acts of extortion, torture, framing and blackmail.
The Special Anti-Robbery Squad was founded in 1992 by former police commissioner Simeon Danladi Midenda. The major reason SARS was formed was when Col. Rindam, a Nigerian Army Colonel was killed by police officers at a checkpoint in Lagos.
SARS is one of the 14 units in the Force Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department which was established to detain, investigate and prosecute people involved in crimes like armed robbery, kidnapping and other forms of crimes.
During its formation the Special Anti-Robbery Squad was known to operate covertly. SARS operatives were not allowed to wear police uniform, publicly carry guns or have walkie-talkies. They were given unmarked vehicles with sometimes no license plates or private plate numbers during duty.
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Trey Songz – Sleepless Nights ft Davido
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Sean Paul, Ir Sais & Davido – Dream Girl
- Magnito – Ungrateful ft Umu Obiligbo & Ninety [AuDio]
- Ajebo Hustlers – Barawo (Remix) ft Davido [ViDeo]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Preme, Popcaan & Davido – Comfortable