A widow in her early 50s and a mother of four, Fatima Abdullahi, has found succour in selling beans cake popularly known as �akara”. Rather than resort to begging for alms, as is common with aged women in some parts of the country, she now makes an average of N5000 daily from selling akara and pap, known as �koko”, to make ends meet.
Abdullahi said she did not require intervention funds from the government or access to micro-finance funds for her efforts and determination to succeed. The enterprising woman, a resident in Rigasa, Igabi Local Government Area of Kaduna State, said in Kaduna on Wednesday that she started the business about 10 years ago after the death of her husband.
She said that although she was left with no one to help her and her kids, she disliked the idea of begging and decided to use savings to start the bean cake business. She decried the practice whereby able-bodied women took to begging for alms to survive, adding that Islam did not encourage the attitude.
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]