President Goodluck Jonathan got everyone smiling while giving out his ‘daddy’ speech at his daughter’s wedding on Saturday!
Speaking at the wedding reception at the International Conference Centre, Abuja, GEJ admonished the couple not to always run to their parents – them – for everything!
See his concise speech below:
My advice is that, today is a very special day we are all smiling and dancing but also note that there will be periods when the relationship will not work smoothly. That is a part of the life of husband and wife.
There is no couple that will not have some moments when their faces will not be too bright, but it depends on how you reach out and really find time to understand themselves. And we pray that you have a really happy married life and we will continue to pray for you as your parents.
Our duties as parents is to continue to pray for you, to encourage you and if there are some issues you feel we can solve, you can tell us. But don’t depend on your parents to solve your matrimonial problems. If you have disagreement with your husband.., don’t always run to parents or get advice of your mother or father, sometimes, they will not give you the best advice. Because your parents are analogue people while you are digital generation.
So, we don’t belong to the same generation and so don’t expect us to give you the advice of the modern way of life. But we will encourage you to succeed
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Shadow – Dead Roses
- Niphkeys & Zinoleesky – Blessings
- Falz – Oga ft Bontle Smith & Sayfar
- Lyta – High Vibration ft Naira Marley
- Adekunle Gold & Lucky Daye – Sinner (Banx N Ranx Remix)
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- Davido – Champion Sound ft Focalistic
- Lil Frosh – Life Of The Party
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Fanzy Papaya – Goal Goal ft Umu Obiligbo