He recently had his say while speaking to the press, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to him, the Senate has demonstrated a firm stance against dictatorial tendencies with that move, and it reflects a commitment to upholding democratic principles and ensuring the autonomy of local government administration across Nigeria.
He added that the unanimous resolution by the upper chamber of the National Assembly represents a crucial step in safeguarding the democratic process at the grassroots level.
His statement, “Chief Ortom says the Senate’s decision is a proactive measure which also has the potency to deter any act that undermines the democratic rights of citizens and the principles of good governance.
By calling for the withholding of statutory allocations to non-democratically elected local government councils, the former Benue Governor states that the Senate has demonstrated a firm stance against dictatorial tendencies.
He particularly commends Senator Abba Moro, for his proactive motion which drew urgent attention to the issue of the unconstitutionally sacked local government councils in Benue State.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Dj Kamol – Crazy Gyration ft Skailey Normal [AuDio]
- Mr. Charis – All Back ft Zouwrah [AuDio]
- Wande Coal – Rotate (Prod. Don Jazzy) [AuDio]
- Victony, Don Toliver & Rema – Soweto
- Libianca – People Remix ft Ayra Starr & Omah Lay
- Davido – Aye [AuDio]
- NaijaVibe at 10 MixTape
- Burna Boy – Common Person
- DJ Kaywise, DJ Maphorisa & Mr Eazi – Alert [AuDio]
- Falz – O Wa ft Tekno
- Rihanna – Lift Me Up ft Tems