Senator Shehu Sani who represents kaduna central in the upper chamber has spoken up on why he revealed that he and his colleagues receive N13.5 million as running cost monthly.
The Senator made this known in an interview with BBC as he said the payment is a ‘moral issue.’
“I decided to burst it open. It was a moral issue,” he said.
The Senator stated that he wants the illegal payment to be scrapped so that the legislative arm of government will be attractive only to people who can contribute ideas.
“The National Assembly is one of the most non-transparent organs of government. It pricked my conscience and I decided to burst the bubble and open the National Assembly to public scrutiny.
“If the expenses payment system was ended then parliament would only be attractive to people who contribute ideas,” he told BBC.
Mr. Sani had in an interview with TheNews revealed that he and his colleagues receive N13.5 million monthly as “running cost”, aside a N750, 000 monthly consolidated salary and allowances which they also receive.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Mr P & Tiwa Savage – I Do [AuDio]
- Rema – Ginger Me [AuDio]
- Wizkid & Akon – Escape [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – Trap Symphony [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Diamond Platnumz – Simba [AuDio]
- Cheque & Fireboy DML – History
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]