Popular singer, Selena Gomez has aired her concern about the negative effect that social media has had on our generation, while saying she believes everybody should take breaks from the platforms.
Selena Gomez who is the 3rd most followed celeb after Cristiano Ronaldo and pop singer Ariana Grande, revealed that she feels scared when she sees the level of exposure for the young ones on the sites.
Her words, “They’re not aware of the news or anything going on. It’s selfish I don’t wanna say selfish because it feels rude but it’s dangerous for sure. I think our world is going through a lot, obviously. But for my generation, specifically, social media has been terrible,”
“I’m very grateful I have the platform in any way, I can still share things I’m passionate about. I don’t do a lot of pointless pictures. I like to be intentional with it.”
“I see these young girls, I’ll meet them and they’re just devastated dealing with bullying and not being able to have their own voice”
“It can be great in moments, but I would just be careful and allow yourself some time limits when you should use it and when not.”
- Tentik – Recognize Now or Famz Later MixTape
- Tiwa Savage – Dangerous Love [AuDio]
- Limbuzee – Big Dreams ft Erigga [AuDio]
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]
- David Jones David – Jingle Bell [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Erigga – AYEME ft Yungzee [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Sarz & Wizkid – Hold Me (Memories That Last Forever)