A Canadian telecommunications giant has severed its ties with an upcoming Chris Brown concert after public outcry erupted on Facebook and Twitter.
On Friday Nova Scotia radio station Energy 103.5 shared on their social media accounts that Chris Brown would be headlining their summer spectacular Energy Rush.
Within minutes, backlash broke out on Twitter and Facebook against the radio station, event promoter Drop Entertainment and top sponsor Rogers Communications.
Hours later the company handed down the final verdict, announcing that they would be stepping away from the show, which is scheduled for 31 August at Alderney Landing in the capital city of Halifax.
The statement read: ‘Rogers agreed to sponsor Energy Rush prior to Chris Brown’s choice as a performer. ‘He continued: ‘In light of today’s announcement, we’re withdrawing out sponsorship of the event’ we wanted to get the word out quickly’ after Chris’ name was added as a headliner.
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Yemi Alade – Enjoyment [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Buju – Testimony
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Akuchi – Whyne
- M-Plus – Gratitude ft J.Martins
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Jamopyper & Davido – Better Better (Remix)
- King Joel & Buju – Zombie