He revealed this during a town hall at a meeting in Abuja on “Social Media and anti-Hate Speech Bills” organized by Daar Communications PLC.
According to Malami, Nigeria should begin to use social media to promote national unity, patriotism, human capacity development, entrepreneurial skills instead of jumping on several platforms online to tear Nigeria apart.
He added that the consequence of the latest misuse of social media will be very dangerous.
His words, “The rate at which the proliferation of acrimony and vilifying statements dominate the social media space is alarming.
“The consequence of which will be dangerous. No society will fold its arm and allow such ominous crime to go unchecked.”
“Nigeria operates a constitutional democracy that guarantees freedom of expression thereby providing conducive atmosphere and veritable platforms that enables Nigerians their inalienable fundamental rights to unhindered ventilation of opinions.
”No doubt, recent developments where Nigerians freely articulate varied viewpoints on numerous national issues are clear testimonies to the commitment of the Federal Government with the doctrine of freedom of expression.”
“Some turn the platforms into avenues for committing heinous internet fraud and cybercrime.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Skales – I Dey Miss You ft Imanse
- Tems – Crazy Tings
- Olamide & Eskeez – Loose It
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- Jaywon – Las Last ft Seyi Vibez
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- L.A.X – Faster
- King Six – These Days
- 2Baba – Searching ft Bongos Ikwue
- DJ Latitude, Soundz & Fireboy DML – Peru (Amapiano Remix)