Stevie Wonder’s dead attorney and right-hand man for decades duped him into signing a contract he never saw … a contract that makes the singer pay the lawyer’s family indefinitely and forever …
According to TMZ, Stevie just filed legal docs, in which he says his longtime lawyer, Johanan Vigoda, put a contract in front of Stevie’s face when he was 21 years old. The deal was, Stevie would pay Johanan 6% of all music royalties. But there’s a clause that says payments to the lawyer’s family go on “forever.”
Johanan died in 2011, but Stevie’s record company continued to pay Johanan’s widow. Stevie says he didn’t realize payments were being made for nearly 2 years, and when he caught wind, he ordered payments to be stopped. He claims he trusted Johanan and the lawyer never said the 6% would survive his death.
Stevie says in his docs he was betrayed by a man he trusted and wants a judge to declare he no longer has a duty to pay royalties, because the attorney took advantage of a blind man. Johanan’s widow has filed her own lawsuit, demanding Stevie pay from the time he stopped and forever in the future. She wants $7 mil minimum.
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]