Tokyo has been chosen by the International Olympics Committee to host the 2020 summer games.
In voting saturday in Buenos Aires, the committee picked Tokyo over the two other contenders, Madrid and Istanbul. Tokyo won the deciding vote, 60 to Istanbul’s 36, according to an IOC tweet.
Tokyo previously hosted the Summer Games in 1964 and her bid came in at $5 billion and $6 billion, compared to $19 billion pledged by Istanbul, said Ed Hula, editor and founder of aroundtherings.com, which covers the business and politics of the Olympic movement.
Today, the three sports competiting to be added to the 2020 roster will know their fate.
Squash is hoping to be included for the first time, but is up against a combined bid of softball/baseball and wrestling–which is seeking to be reinstated.
The 2016 Summer Olympics will be in Brazil. The Winter Olympics will be held in Russia in 2014 and South Korea in 2018.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- BOJ – Emotions
- Rema – Ginger Me [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Mr P & Tiwa Savage – I Do [AuDio]
- Ajaeze – Reason
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]