The singer recently flaunted a picture of herself with Ric, alongside these words, “It’s time.”
Under the post, a lot of Waje’s friends and relatives even congratulated her for the step she is about to take.
What do you think?
Aituaje Iruobe, known professionally as Waje, is a Nigerian singer whose vocal range covers three octaves. She first gained recognition after being featured on the remake of P-Square’s “Omoge Mi”. Waje was also featured on the duo’s 2008 hit track “Do Me”. Moreover, she contributed vocals to Banky W’s “Thief My Kele” and M.I’s “One Naira”.
In 2016, Waje was one of the four judges in the inaugural season of The Voice Nigeria.
Waje was born September 1, 1980, in Akure, Ondo State, Nigeria. She is the first born and the first daughter in her family. She grew up in Benin City, following her parent’s relocation. Her parents got divorced when she was young, and she had to overcome the difficulty that accompanied her parent’s separation.
Waje attended the Word of Faith Group of Schools and joined the choir. She sang gospel tunes to the delight of the late Archbishop Benson Idahosa. Idahosa was quite impressed with her singing and decided to help her during her entire secondary school days. Waje later relocated to Nsukka to attend the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, earning a degree in social work from the school. During her time at UNN, she performed at school concerts and fellowships. She listened to singers such as Whitney Houston and Aretha Franklin to improve her craft.
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]