Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, has said the Federal Government is to blame for the recent killings of 11 Christians by Boko Haram insurgents.
Speaking in a recent interview on Abuja, the association blasted President Muhammadu Buhari’s for its nonchalance on the release of Christian captives held by the deadly group.
He added that Christians in Nigeria are fed up with receiving sympathies and condoles messages from the government anytime Boko Haram members kill their people, and all they need is action.
His words, “The beheading of 11 Christians by ISWAP goes to show that the federal government has been paying lip service to the issue of security.
“We want action from President Buhari, not mere words. We have been praying for our security agencies to win the war against insurgency but it appears nothing is working because the government has failed to live up to its responsibility of protecting lives and properties.
“Christians are tired of receiving sympathies and condoles messages from the government whenever Boko Haram groups kill non-Muslims. The last time was three Christians that were murdered. On Christmas, it was 11 persons. The next time may involve 30 people. This is what we have been lamenting.
“Does the government want them to kill all of us before it begins to take serious steps to secure the release those held in captivity? It is not in our place to negotiate their release. Otherwise, we would have done so. It is the responsibility of the government. We blame the government for the killings.”
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Overall – Iyawo Mi [AuDio]
- Omah Lay – Confession [AuDio]
- King Perryy – Waist ft Kizz Daniel [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Danny Boy – Come Over [AuDio + ViDeo]
- WurlD – Chop N Pray [AuDio]
- Tekno – Enjoy [AuDio]