The Catholic Bishop of Nnewi Diocese, Most Rev. Hilary Paul Okeke has made it clear while speaking at the Feast of Our Mother of Perpetual Help/Parish Day Celebration of Saints Michael, Rapheal and Gabriel Catholic Church in Lagos that the church does not worship Mary and other saints, that what they do is to venerate Mary, being the mother of Jesus Christ.
�We do not worship idols as most people think. Those who lack understanding of the word of God equate our worship for the one true God with support from images and symbols as idolatry. We worship God, worship Jesus Christ and we honour Mary and the Saints. Their images in churches and homes before us represent holiness, sacraments and signs of their presence in our life.
�Let us venerate Mary, Mother of perpetual help for in venerating her, we are going to Jesus Christ. Let us have her images in our individual homes as it will draw us to holiness, remember our vocations, her images will draw us closer to Christ and do whatever Jesus Christ commands us to do,” the bishop added.
��We need Mary to help us to overcome in whatever we do, to overcome various challenges in our families, marital and extra marital co-affairs and sex, polygamy, same sex union, divorce and suffering homes. Young ladies need Mary in order not to forsake their Catholic faith by marrying outside the church”, he said.
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]