Kogi State government has said it plans to strengthen its own borders to prevent invasion from external forces.
After the launch of Amotekun, Special Adviser to the state Governor on Security, Commandant Jerry Omodara (Rtd) believes Kogi must be prepared to protect its area from runaway criminals from the South West.
He believes Amotekun and Vigilante groups operate the same way and only the name is different.
Jerry added that the fact that Kogi is at the center of Nigeria means they cannot take their security lightly.
His words, “What the South West governors are doing now in terms of Amotekun is nothing different from having Vigilante groups. Its only the name that its different. Kogi State is well ahead of them in terms of setting up its vigilante.
“We are also aware that Kogi State may experience influx of people especially now that Operation Amotekun has taken off. You know Kogi is not only in the centre of the country but also shares borders with nine other states.
“What we plan to do is to strengthened our borders to guide against influx of criminals who may be running away from these south west states.
“We are a responsible and responsive government and we are not going to allow external forces destroyed the good work the state governor, Yahaya Bello has put in place in terms of security. He has invested heavily on security and has won many awards including from the Inspector General of Police; as the Best Governor in Security. We will continue to save our people and their property. There is no cause for alarm.”
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Overall – Iyawo Mi [AuDio]
- Omah Lay – Confession [AuDio]
- King Perryy – Waist ft Kizz Daniel [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Danny Boy – Come Over [AuDio + ViDeo]
- WurlD – Chop N Pray [AuDio]
- Tekno – Enjoy [AuDio]