Ex-Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Prof Charles Soludo has asked for the collective response in enhancing the poor healthcare system and eradicating poverty plus other major challenges in Nigeria.
Soludo revealed this at the 26th Annual Lift Above Poverty Organisation (LAPO) Development Conference in Abuja on Tuesday.
According to him, public policies would never be effective if we as citizens fail to be vigilant and demanding.
He also urged NGOs and CSOs to be an epitome of transparency and accountability in healthcare expenditures.
His words, ”We must think through how to mobilize our churches, mosques, traditional and professional institutions as forces for good in healthcare delivery.
”These constitute the largest forum to reach the largest segment of the population.
“Most of the leaders in these organizations will easily understand and cooperate.
”But some, especially some of the magical miracle centres which feed upon the Siamese challenges of the most vulnerable, poverty and ill-health might feel challenged.
”However, the conversation must begin and ultimately, the dominant force of science and reason will triumph over superstition and ignorance.
”Once the citizens become conscious of the fact that they will only get the quality of healthcare they persistently demand for and conscientious leaders emerge to organize and mobilize action for change, the healthcare delivery system won’t be the same again.”
“Access to quality health care or lack of it, is a vital factor in the overall assessment of the wellbeing of the people.”
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]