Yesterday, this pygmy sperm whale was washed up on the beach in Lekki in Lagos and sadly, our people did not give one thought to conservation or ask themselves if it was an endangered specie. they took their knives to it and butchered it for a feast.
The pygmy sperm whale is covered by the Agreement on the Conservation of Small Cetaceans of the Baltic, North East Atlantic, Irish and North Seas and the Agreement on the Conservation of Cetaceans in the Black Sea, Mediterranean Sea and Contiguous Atlantic Area. In addition, the species is further included in the Memorandum of Understanding Concerning the Conservation of the Manatee and Small Cetaceans of Western Africa and Macaronesia and the Memorandum of Understanding for the Conservation of Cetaceans and Their Habitats in the Pacific Islands Region.
So, technically, what happened yesterday was poaching, punishable under international law!
We would love to know your thoughts on this post. Drop your comments
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Tekno – Waka Waka [AuDio]
- John Legend – Coming 2 America ft Burna Boy