Osita Okechukwu, the Director general of Voice of Nigeria and APC chieftain, has disclosed that Igbos would benefit more if President Muhammadu Buhari is re-elected for a second term in 2019.
Okechukwu made this known in Enugu on Sunday, March 12 as he advised Igbos to back Buhari for a second term, adding that restructuring was already on the agenda of the Buhari-led federal government, Punch reports.
Okechukwu also said that supporting Buhari will give Igbo the chance of producing his (Buhari) successor in 2023. Okechukwu expressed certainty that President Buhari would seek re-election.
In his reaction to Ohanaeze’s declaration that it was only concerned with restructuring, and was not thinking of the 2019 general elections, Okechukwu said: “Restructuring is not a one-day event, but the golden opportunity of Buhari being the only northerner, going by the 1999 constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria, and the zoning convention, with only four years that ends in 2023, is a matter of fact.
“Voting for any other northerner means postponement of the golden opportunity which Mr President’s re-election offers Nd’Igbo.”
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]