Ex beauty queen and TV host Nike Oshinowo spoke to Allure on life as a single mum and plastic surgery.
On life as a single mum:
Like everyone else, I just do the best I can. I’m constantly juggling. I constantly feel guilty. I constantly feel I should be better and should be doing a lot more with them. As a mother, it’s never ending. But I do acknowledge that I am very lucky to have a phenomenal team at home.
On if she would ever undergo plastic surgery:
It’s so easy for someone who looks like me to say NO; when every time I look in the mirror the face of a thirty-year old stares back at me. If I didn’t look like this; if I hadn’t aged so well; who knows? It’s an impossible question to answer.
On her new talk show:
It’s no secret that I love TV. I’m a very visual person. With ‘Late Night with Nike Oshinowo’, I want to bring our industry leaders, designers, political leaders and musicians – really anyone who’s influencing pop culture – closer to its public through the means of frank, candid interviews.
On the feedback from her show:
I can never be happy with my performance. I cringe when I see myself on TV. I can’t bear to listening to the sound of my own voice but I’m told the show has been extremely well received.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- Joe El – Epo ft Zlatan & Davido
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Omah Lay – Godly [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Currently ft Olamide, Falz & LK Kuddy
- Stefflon Don – Can’t Let You Go Remix ft Tiwa Savage & Rema
- Burna Boy – Gbona [AuDio]
- Davido – Risky ft Popcaan [AuDio]
- Ajebo Hustlers – Pronto ft Omah Lay [AuDio]