The production of the memoir which is titled ‘Ake, The Years of Childhood’�is being put together by a Lagos-based film production outfit,�Back Page Production.
Dapo Adeniyi, the executive producer of the project, says�‘work will begin in June this year and shooting will take place in Lagos, Abeokuta and Ibadan’.
On Friday May 31, 2012, Soyinka met with the cast and crew of the movie, where he exchanged views with the artistes on the text and the project.
Ake, a personal story of Soyinka’s childhood was first published in 1981, and the producers are hoping to premiere the movie in 2014 to mark the 100th anniversary of the Nigerian amalgamation and the 80th birthday celebration of the writer.
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- Burna Boy – RockStar (Reggae version) [AuDio]
- DJ Kaywise – What Type Of Dance ft Mayorkun, Naira Marley & Zlatan
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]