The singer took to his social media page to remember the tragic event and also show off the car which left him using a wheelchair since.
Yinka at the time of the crash was a journalist, and then moved on to become a singer after the accident and became a huge success. Yinka Ayefele also owns an independent radio station in Ibadan, Oyo State.
He captioned the photo he shared with:
Thanks to you [email protected] from @freshfmibadan � Thank you Lord..On Decemebr 12, 1997 a tragic event occurred, the sad event later became a watershed that transformed his life. 19 years on, Yinka Ayefele MON, still gives thanks to God for saving his life. Dear family, fans, foes and friends, today is Yinka Ayefele ’s Thanksgiving Day. It’s a Bank holiday for Fresh Fm staff, Melody Makers, Downtown Hotel and Suites, Optimum Printing and Branding ltd, Fresh Energy and Gas, Fresh Hostess. Join us in the thanksgiving
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – RockStar (Reggae version) [AuDio]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- DJ Kaywise – What Type Of Dance ft Mayorkun, Naira Marley & Zlatan