This is coming after some Nigerians slammed Buhari for saying it made no sense for petrol to be sold cheaper in Nigeria than in Saudi Arabia.
According to the Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, Buhari was just trying to be as practical on the matter as much as possible, hence his statement.
He added that the technological cost of producing a barrel of oil in Saudi Arabia is not more than a quarter of what we spend in Nigeria.
His words, “Is it fair that the taxpayers’ money…how many Nigerians have cars anyway? How many of them run generators in their homes that they need this fuel for?
“Is it fair that the farmer, herders and low-level people in the society that the taxpayer money is taken from them are subsidising the lifestyle of our city urban dwellers?
“The President is just trying to be as practical on these matters as possible. “So Saudi Arabia is important in this discussion because what is the technological cost of producing a barrel of oil in Saudi Arabia?
“It’s not more than a quarter of what we spend here and yet you see them charging more than Nigeria. How much comes to Nigeria when you look at our technical cost?”
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Trey Songz – Sleepless Nights ft Davido
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Sean Paul, Ir Sais & Davido – Dream Girl
- Magnito – Ungrateful ft Umu Obiligbo & Ninety [AuDio]
- Ajebo Hustlers – Barawo (Remix) ft Davido [ViDeo]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Preme, Popcaan & Davido – Comfortable