She has stated clearly so many times that Whitenicious is not a bleaching cream and even threatened to sue anyone who makes such claims
Here’s what Dencia said in the interview with Ebony Magazine:
- EBONY: So you know there’s been a lot of buzz about you on the internet here lately. Everybody’s talking about your new skin care line, Whitenicious.
Dencia: And I’m happy that they’re talking because my sales are skyrocketing.
- EBONY: Okay. But do you understand people’s response to the pictures and advertisement for Whitenicious which says “Say goodbye to pigmentation and spots forever.”
The picture clearly says “Say goodbye to dark spots and hyperpigmentation.” I’m not saying “say goodbye to your Black skin and try to be like Dencia.” That’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying “say goodbye to dark spots and hyperpigmentation. I have men, White men, Black men, buying Whitenicious. And guess what, they’re using it for? Dark spots. Not to bleach their entire skin. I don’t think a White man is trying to bleach his skin.
Trust me, I’ve been running this business for the past three weeks and I’ve read all these emails from girls telling me about how they have this hyperpigmentation, how they have these dark spots. I have seen so many pictures. These girls are not trying to bleach their skin. They’re just trying to get rid of these little things that is making them feel uncomfortable, you know?
- EBONY: I hear you, I do. And you’re right, many women of African descent, many women of color, we do suffer from hyperpigmentation. So there are lots of products on the market that work to fade out those spots, if you will. But there are also products.. and you know this, especially in West Africa. We see the billboards, we see them in the markets, we see the women with all of the damage on their skin – there are products out there that are used to bleach the skin. Your product is called Whitenicious, of course people will buy it because they want to bleach.
Dencia: Ok. Will Whitenicious bleach your skin if you use it on all your skin? Yes, it will. Are we selling Whitenicious for that purpose? No, we’re not. Whitenicious comes in 30 ml and 60ml. You cannot use the 60 ml to bleach your whole skin. It’s impossible. And that costs about $150 each.
60 ml can’t even go on your whole feet. I don’t see anybody spending all that money to bleach their entire skin. I don’t see that happening. Now, do I have customers who come and buy stuff for over $2000? Yes, I do. Do I ask them what they want to do with it? No, I don’t. Do I know what they want to do with it? No, I don’t care because it’s their money, it’s how they want to spend it.
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Qdot – Ole [AuDio]
- May D – Molatiwa E (I Gasto Find You) [AuDio]
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Dremo – OMG [AuDio]